Completion of this Joint Health and Safety Training Refresher training will renew your JHSC certification for three years. The Ontario Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development requires members of a JHSC to take a refresher course every three years in order to maintain their certification. This is a 1 day class, starting at 8:30am and ending at 4:30pm.
- Select your preferred training date.
- Add a seat to your cart for each of the individuals attending the training.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will be able to enter the names of each of the attendees for the training.
- Following your purchase you will receive all of the details regarding your training session by email.
This JHSC Refresher training covers the following topics and activities:
- A review of key components of JHSC Part 1 & 2 training
- Relevant updates to legislation, standards, codes of practice, and occupational health and safety best practices
- Group discussion focused on addressing best practices and common challenges
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires that at least two members of the committee (one representing the workers and one representing the management team) be certified. The size requirement of a JHSC depends on the number of employees:
- 1 – 5 Employees? You are not required to have a JHSC unless a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace.
- 6 – 19 Employees? You are required to have one health and safety representative who is selected by the workers they represent. If a designated substance regulation applies to your workplace, you are required to have a JHSC.
- 20 – 49 Employees? You are required to have at least 2 JHSC members.
- 50+ Employees? You are required to have at least 4 JHSC members.
Course Running Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: 875 Milner Avenue Unit #111, Scarborough ON, M1B 5N6
|CPO Approved Program Name: JHSC Certification Refresher Training. Approved by Ontario's Chief Prevention Officer.|
|3 Year Renewal Upon completion of this training course, participants will have their CPO approved JHSC Certification renewed for 3 years.|
|JHSC Meeting Attendance Following completion, you will be eligible for a free audit of your JHSC meeting and consultation to help you succeed in your role.|
|Materials Provided Course materials, workbooks, an Ontario Green Book (OH&S Act & Regulations), and a writing utensil will be provided.|
|Breaks & Lunch There will be two ten minute breaks, as well as a 30-minute lunch break.|
|No Charge Cancellation If for any reason you cannot attend your training class that you have booked, you can contact us at least 4 business days prior to your class for a full refund or 2 business day to reschedule.|
Parking is free, and available for attendees in the Training Centre parking lot.